Xactware Releases Xactimate Version 27 and Xactimate Professional
The latest version of the leading property-estimating software for insurance repair and restoration features customer-focused enhancements and additions.
Xactware recently announced the general release of Xactimate® version 27, the latest version of the property insurance industry’s leading estimation software.
The significantly simplified Xactimate version 27 has been redesigned with a host of new features that streamline the claims estimating process for insurance companies, restoration contractors, independent adjusters, remodelers, and specialty service providers.
“Customer input continues to play a significant role in the development of Xactimate features and functionality, making Xactimate version 27 more powerful and user-friendly than ever before,” says Jeff Taylor, assistant vice president at Xactware, who is responsible for Xactimate. “With this version of Xactimate, we’ve significantly streamlined the product with the user’s experience in mind, striving for continued accuracy, speed, and simplification.”
A few of the new features and enhancements to Xactimate version 27 include:
New and Enhanced Sketch® Features
- 3D Estimation – Users can now generate exterior walls with the click of a button. Combining this with Sketch’s ability to add items from 3D makes estimating the exterior of a structure easier than ever.
- Sketch Roof Enhancements –With the ability to lock roof dimensions, users can now create a wide variety of roof types. Lock ridges in place to drag and drop rafter lengths, lock eave heights, or lock the slope of each roof face to ensure consistency.
- Sketch Stairs Enhancements – Sketch’s stairs feature now offers all the flexibility needed to quickly and easily create simple or complex staircases, including curved staircases. It also enables users to add landings, create rooms below stairs, and add multiflight staircases. Furthermore, staircases can now be placed both inside and outside a room and can be viewed in 3D before they are placed.
- Arced Walls – Use the new arced-wall feature to create curved walls and staircases. Once your curved wall is created, it is easy to add windows, doors, and missing walls in either plan view or 3D.
- Online Sketch Template Gallery – The Online Sketch Template Gallery better accommodates the storing and sharing of Sketch templates. Users can search for and download templates created by Xactware and other users in the field. They can also upload and share templates and rate templates submitted by others.
Combined Estimate Items and Summary
Estimate Items and Summary have been combined into one simplified screen, providing one more way that Xactimate version 27 has streamlined the estimating process. This enables the user to summarize estimates and add line items in one place, leading to an easier, cleaner, and faster process. The enhanced grouping screen also allows users to show diagrams and skip to Sketch from the Estimate Items screen as well as to add line items continually.
Simplified Installation and Maintenance
Xactimate version 27 features a new install-and-update mechanism built with the user in mind, making the process as effortless as possible. Existing customers will appreciate the forward thinking of the install process that automatically pre-populates many installation selections based on the user’s XactNet® address, Product Key Code, and setup type. Moreover, users can now run service-pack updates all in one process, streamlining the previous multistep method into one faster, simpler step.
“Since its inception more than 20 years ago, Xactimate has led — and continues to lead — the estimating software space. Over the years, it has become the property insurance industry’s leading program for structural estimation," said Jim Loveland, Xactware president and CEO. “The enhancements in Xactimate version 27 will continue to provide our customers with cutting-edge technology for improving the estimating of claims and the experience for the insured.”
The Xactimate version 27 release also includes the release of Xactimate Professional, a version of the software that bundles several add-ons that were only available previously as a la carte subscriptions, giving Xactimate users more functionality for their money. Among the add-ons included with Xactimate Professional are:
- Commercial, agricultural, condo, and manufactured homes versions of Xactimate’s valuation tool, which guides users through the process of determining the value of a home via answering a series of questions to build a virtual model of the home behind the scenes
- The Time-and-Materials feature, which allows users to quickly access item components and create an estimate using a tabbed-style interface
- Language Packs (Spanish and French), which let Xactimate users create estimates in one language and print reports in another (Even if they can’t speak a policyholder’s language, users can still produce reports in that language.)
- Project Management and Scheduling, a powerful, effective management tool that creates a running schedule of work-related activities and provides the ability to view projects, employee schedules, plant lists, and workload allocation information from a single user interface by importing project estimates and assignments directly into it
To order Xactimate version 27 or to learn more, visit www.xactimate.com or call Xactware at 1-800-424-9228.
Xactware Solutions, Inc. (Xactware) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics specializing in the property insurance, remodeling, and restoration industries. Xactware’s technology tools include software estimating programs for PCs and tablet PCs, as well as powerful online systems for replacement-cost calculations, estimate tracking, and data trending in real time.
For more information about Xactware’s products and services, contact Xactware at 1-800-424-9228 or online.