Xactware President Mike Fulton Cites Customer Service Improvements in User Conference Keynote Address
Today at its eighth annual user conference, Xactware president Mike Fulton said the industry continues to make significant customer service improvements.
“The industry’s dramatically faster response times — and the ability to take even very large catastrophes in stride — is a major achievement and a credit to all of you,” he told those attending the conference.
Fulton also announced several product improvements Xactware users will see in the next year, including the following:
- Improvements in the desktop version of the company’s flagship insurance estimating software, Xactimate, that mean faster operation speeds and shorter download times.
- A more robust mobile version of Xactimate for tablet computers that make it easier to complete an estimate at the job site.
- A new Direct Supplier tool which allows contractors to shop for building materials and equipment directly from local and national suppliers.
- Improved weather information that can verify when and where hail damage and other weather-related events occurred.
- Roof and property-data packages based on high resolution aerial photography from Xactware’s sister company, Geomni.
- Contractor Selection, a web site which helps policyholders match up with restoration contractors in their area.
- Continued integration of the Internet of Things – made up of internet connected devices that don’t include computers, smartphones, or tablets.
Xactware User Conference 2017 continues through February 16 and features two days of keynotes, break-out sessions, lab experiences, and much more on February 14-15, plus a bonus day of free training on February 16.