News from Elevate 2018
Today at Elevate 2018, Xactware president Mike Fulton and Geomni president Jeffrey C. Taylor jointly announced dramatic new estimating capabilities based on Geomni data in Xactware’s Xactimate estimating system. The new solution, slated for a March 2018 release, means estimators can start an estimate with much, if not most of the hard work done. Both Xactware and Geomni are Verisk companies.
The new Geomni Property with Image to Scope uses information gathered from a range of sources including, fixed-wing aircraft, drones, and even smartphones—all tied together and converted into useful data by the Geomni app.
“Xactware, Geomni, and many other Verisk companies are using sophisticated artificial intelligence and computer vision to develop some amazing products that will make your work much easier,” Mike Fulton, Xactware president, told conference attendees. “This is an exciting time for us.”
Geomni president Jeffrey C. Taylor said the new service comes with excellent coverage. “We can supply Geomni Property, Geomni Roof, or Geomni Roof Essentials for almost 100% of the structures in the United States,” he said. Geomni also offers the product for much of Canada, as well as 28 other countries.
In addition to its vast library of imagery and data, Taylor said Geomni also supports a range of ad-hoc services. “We have drone and mobile solutions to support a do-it-yourself workflow or a full-service workflow where we can take care of everything for you.”
Fulton also welcomed Service Software to the Xactware family. Service Software is the developer of several elite tools for the construction industry that are centered on workflow and management. Service Software was acquired by Xactware in late December, 2017.
The “Elevate 2018” brand was adopted this year as the event combines two Verisk company conferences – the Xactware User Conference which has been held in Salt Lake City for the past eight years and the PCS Catastrophe Conference by Property Claims Services, which has a nearly 30-year history.
This year’s Elevate 2018 also included a track for users of Xactware’s XactPRM, a product designed for professionals who oversee, manage, repair, and maintain bank-owned or foreclosed properties.
Fulton announced several product improvements that customers are using now or will see sometime this year:
- The increasing integration of artificial intelligence tools to prefill insurance claims with information to save insurers time and effort
- Improved access to post-catastrophe imagery mapped directly onto a 3D plan to assess actual damage from a storm
- Improvements in XactAnalysis, the company’s business management tool, that integrates with ISO ClaimSearch to help detect potential fraud
- A new version of the company’s flagship estimating tool Xactimate for desktop
- Improvements to Xactimate’s mobile app
- Improvements in flood estimating features
- Better tools to involve policyholders in the process of resolving a claim
- Tools to track a storm, and to evaluate storm damage after the fact
The new Elevate brand, Fulton said, “reflects our commitment to serve you and to innovate. Every year at this conference we renew that commitment: to elevate our game and to push our technology in ways that help you provide critical services to your customers.”