Last year, economic growth played a pivotal role in driving up average U.S. reconstruction costs by nearly 3.7 percent.
Xactware's 2015 Property Report for the United States provides a detailed overview of how reconstruction costs changed at the national and state level. The report explains how storm activity affected claim trends throughout the year.
In addition, the report includes findings on these key areas:
- The average value of property repair estimates by month and type of loss (such as wind, water, and hail)
- An in-depth overview of hail activity
- The total number and value of personal property estimates by category (including electronics, jewelry, and clothing)
- Reconstruction cost trends for each state and the District of Columbia
- Trends for commonly used building materials (such as lumber, drywall, carpet, and roof shingles)